10 tips before buying a property with a pool on the Côte Vermeille
13 December 2021
Main or secondary residence, you are looking for a property on the Côte Vermeille. Your preference is for a house with a swimming pool. Today, the Côte Vermeille agency explains the criteria of appreciation of the latter. Swimming pool: everything you need to observe, verify or ask your real estate agent!
1) The characteristicsRectangular or free, the shapes and dimensions of swimming pools are very varied. The swimmers will appreciate the first ones while the simple swimmers will be able to taste the pleasures of the water in all the pools. The bottom profile and its depth are also important. Gentle slope, in two basins (small and large), in diamond: everything exists!
2) The type and condition of the structure and equipmentThe basin can consist of a traditional structure (concrete), a resin shell or a metal frame linked to a liner. These pools are proven today, but they do not involve the same constraints or the same durability. It is important to know the date of construction of the basin. If it is still under the ten-year warranty, the seller must provide you with the certificate. In case of doubt, a pool specialist can attest to the general functioning and, if necessary, provide quotes for the necessary repairs.
3) The quality of the facilitiesFurnished beaches, shower and pool house are an undeniable asset to fully enjoy your swimming pool. Their existence and the quality of their services can be a determining factor when you plan to spend whole days in and around your pond.
4) The water treatment systemEvery pool is linked to a water treatment system to ensure the clarity of the pool. This system can operate with chlorine, salt or bromine, and be regulated more or less automatically. It is important to know its nature, especially in case of allergy.
5) The protection systemWe can't say it enough, you can't fool around with pool safety, especially for children! The law makes compulsory the existence of a security system at the time of the sale and its mention on the notarial deed. This safety can be ensured by a device meeting the standards in force in France:
- Safety barriers (NF P90-306 standard),
- Safety tarpaulins (NF P90-308 standard),
- Alarms (NF P90-307 standard),
- Shelters of all types or roller shutters (NF P90-309 standard).