6 tips for attracting customers in winter in Argelès-sur-Mer
1) Adapt your rental conditionsIf of course the price charged cannot be the same in winter as in summer, it should not decrease to the point of creating doubts about the quality of your rental: simply adapt your prices to those of the competition! To make a difference, this price reduction must above all be accompanied by a reduction in your rental conditions. Be flexible about the minimum length of stay and the days of entry and exit! Are you offering a large house or apartment? If this type of product easily finds a taker in summer, its rental in winter is more problematic. Adapt supply to demand! Rent only part of the accommodation concerned by obviously adjusting the price to the area, the number of rooms and the services put forward. Some appropriate investments can be made: if you can't enjoy the pool, your customers will surely appreciate a Jacuzzi!
2) A text and photographs of the seasonDon't try to rent in winter by using summer communication! You won't attract anyone with the photos of the swimming pool in the middle of December. Review your communication and adapt it to the realities of the moment. Seize the charms of winter on the Côte Vermeille on a sunny day in Argelès-sur-Mer. Unlike the gray and heavy winters of this region, winter on the Côte Vermeille indeed reserves many soft and bright days. The bravest can even try the pleasures of a cold, but invigorating, sea bath!
3) The cultural agendaArgelès-sur-Mer's autumn-winter agenda is far from empty! Shows, literary meetings, festivals and exhibitions are to be discovered here. Do not hesitate to review your ad every week depending on upcoming events! You could well seduce a clientele interested in a weekend or a cultural week on the Côte Vermeille!
4) The festivals in Catalan country!Decorate your apartment and your house with Christmas colors and communicate about the advantages of a Christmas by the sea! If your rental is suitable for welcoming families, offer a “Santa Claus” service for the evening of 24 to 25. Investing in a nice red suit and a white beard could save you a full week's rental in your hood!
5) RomanticismWhat could be more romantic than a beach in winter? The Plage des Pins (7 km long) and the Plage du Racou (400 meters) offer a superb promenade along the Mediterranean. The places lend themselves to great declarations: here the Pyrenean massif hugs the Mediterranean Sea! Walkers will particularly appreciate the coastal path starting from Racou. Barely 5 minutes from the Pointe du Racou, the height gives rise to a panoramic view of the city of Argelès-sur-Mer and accommodates an orientation table. It is the ideal place for a nice selfie in front of the sea!
6) Heritage, culture and natureFrom Perpignan to Cerbère, the Côte Vermeille and the Albères offer many excuses for walking and exploring. The palace of the kings of Mallorca, the Roque house (anchovy production), the Museum of Modern Art in Céret, the tasting cellars of Banyuls and the Chemin du Fauvisme offer a different overview of this Catalan country than that presented by the beach in summer! Winter and its beautiful sunny days are particularly suitable for hiking by the sea and inland in the Albères.
Box: Guides and books to make available to your customers - The guide of walks - Côte Vermeille & massif des Albères - Les Sentiers d'Émilie editions • The Languedoc-Roussillon green guide; • Brochures from the Argelès-sur-Mer tourist office; • La Côte Vermeille by Pierre Cantaloube published by Presses Littéraires.As you can see, the key to a successful low season lies in adaptation. These few secrets should enable you to attract a clientele that is certainly different from the summer clientele, but that is interesting for your annual rental income!