6 Advantages of living in Collioure
13 December 2021
A small fortified fishing port in the Middle Ages, Collioure is today a must-see destination in the Pyrénées-Orientales. Sea, mountains, pure sky, historical heritage, authenticity, cultural animation and art of living make up an extraordinary art of living. L' real estate agency in Collioure Paradise Immobilier reviews all the advantages of living in Collioure!
1) A privileged geographical locationOn the Côte Vermeille in the magnificent Pyrénées-Orientales department, Collioure is located 30 km from Perpignan, a medium-sized town with all amenities. Spain and its legendary friendliness are open to you from Portbou, just 26 km away. An ideal geographical location to live fully its Catalan passions!
2) A unique climateBathed in its Mediterranean climate, the city of Collioure offers beautiful sunshine most of the year with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The rains are concentrated in autumn and spring. The three sector winds (the Marin, the Spanish wind and the Tramontana) and the solar breezes clear the sky and provide the Albères region with superb light. An exceptional climate for year-round outdoor living!
3) A great place to relaxOn the sea side, Saint-Vincent beach, d'en Baux beach and many small coves allow you to indulge in the pleasures of swimming and water sports. On the mountain side, the Albères massif offers many roads and paths for cyclists, mountain bikers and hikers. Winter sports enthusiasts will find superb ski areas in the heart of the Pyrenees.
4) A lively cityUnlike some seaside resorts that are totally dull out of season, Collioure remains lively all year round. A real village life punctuated by religious and traditional festivals, openings and festivals. Mecca of pictorial art, especially Fauvism, and viticulture in Catalan country, AOC Collioure, the village serves as a setting for frequent events linked to these two pillars of its heritage. More daily, the streets and squares of Collioure stand out as places of exchange and friendship. Catalan events and conviviality to be enjoyed to the fullest.
5) A very good serviceThe least we can say is that Collioure is rather spoiled in terms of accessibility. The village is served from Perpignan by bus n ° 7 and is only 25 minutes from the A9 motorway (La Languedocienne) which connects the Rhône valley to Spain. It also has an SNCF train station allowing you to reach Paris in 6:10. Nearby, Perpignan airport hosts 4 airlines that serve Paris-Orly, Lille-Lesquin, Nantes-Atlantique, several European destinations and the Maghreb.
6) A diversified and quality real estate offerFisherman's house, complete village house with or without terrace, apartment with character or in residence, individual house or prestigious villa, the real estate offer is very complete. According to Insee figures, there are 4,496 homes in the town: 64.4% apartments and 35.5% houses. The real estate market in Collioure is still marked by significant demand, particularly from foreign buyers looking for a pied-à-terre in the "pearl of the Mediterranean". Better to be accompanied by a specialist in the local market to find and negotiate at the right price the apartment or house of your dreams in Collioure!
Box: Prices per m² in Collioure
Despite its exceptional attractiveness, Collioure retains very reasonable prices per m² when compared to those of other popular destinations. Count on average 3,700 € per m² for an apartment and 4,700 € for a house.Living in Collioure offers only advantages. Endearing from every point of view, the small town and its region have only beautiful things to offer: something to delight the most demanding buyers. Real estate reference in Collioure, the Paradise agency opens the most beautiful doors of the village and guides you towards your future apartment or house. You will benefit from personalized support to overcome the complexity of an almost confidential market and find the product of your dreams!